Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation is America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state and territorial affiliates and some six million members and supporters nationwide. The Federation's programs are aimed at conserving wildlife, restoring important habitats and waterways, defending clean air and water, protecting public lands, expanding outdoor opportunities for all, and connecting children with nature. To meet our mission, our Innovation and Marketing team is looking for an Associate Creative Director (ACD) to join our team in Reston, VA.
In this role you will be responsible for bringing to life innovative ideas that engage constituencies and move them to act to save wildlife. You will lead the development of high-quality, brand authentic, multi platform creative materials for the National Wildlife Federation from concept to completion. You will also serve as the standard bearer for the National Wildlife Federation brand including messaging and visual identity. In this role you will report to the Vice President of Innovation and Chief Marketing Officer.
Your principal duties will include:
- Develop emotionally and visually compelling creative materials for multiple platforms including print, digital, social, and video
- Work collaboratively with all divisions and regional offices to ensure the highest quality and brand consistency of all creative materials
- Lead the creative ideation and development for marketing and programmatic campaigns
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques driving experimentation and new creative solutions
- Interpret the National Wildlife Federation brand and visual identity across new platforms, products, services, and experiences
- Develop creative solutions that contribute to revenue generation.
Agency and team management
- Identify and establish strong working relationships with slate of agency partners based on the creative needs of the organization
- Build in-house expertise fostering progressive thinking, high design standards, and the pushing of boundaries
- Lead, coach, inspire and motivate both agency partners and in-house teams to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Ensure all work is delivered on-time, on-budget and on-brand
- 10 years + design experience at agency or in-house creative team with a deep understanding and demonstration of design principles
- Degree in Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field
- Hands-on approach to creative process and design
- Strong knowledge of design practices such as, brand development, user-centered experience design and digital design
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Understanding of marketing practices and campaign development
- Experience supervising agencies and staff
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite application
- Innovation mindset and strong leadership skills driving and inspiring new creative solutions
- The ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
There may be travel in this role several times a year.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We aspire to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical ability, and religious and political belief. Diversity at the National Wildlife Federation translates into understanding and valuing each other's perspectives.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a complementary team and strongly support candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
If you are interested you should submit both a cover letter and resume.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted