- Work with large and complex raw data sets from project start to finish
- Develop and apply machine learning-based cleaning and curation techniques, innovating and pushing the boundaries of existing methods
- Create, curate and sculpt new data sets and develop better systems for doing so
- Develop and scale data architecture for your team and others
- Design and build end to end data systems that can be scaled across the company
- Work closely with ML Engineers, Software Engineers and Researchers on a daily basis
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you are:
- Results-driven and enjoy working closely with a team
- Comfortable and excited by working in large, distributed systems
- Excited to develop and apply new and existing techniques
- Familiar with the basics of machine learning
- Engaged by OpenAI’s mission of building safe and beneficial artificial general intelligence.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off and generous parental leave
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan
About OpenAIOpenAI's mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI), and ensure AGI's benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible. We expect AI technologies to be hugely impactful in the short-term, but their impact will be outstripped by that of the first AGIs.We focus on long-term research, working on problems that require us to make fundamental advances in AI capabilities. By being at the forefront of the field, we can influence the conditions under which AGI is created. As Alan Kay said, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."We publish at top machine learning conferences, open-source software tools for accelerating AI research, and release blog posts to communicate our research. We will not keep information private for private benefit, but in the long term, we expect to create formal processes for keeping technologies private when there are safety concerns.Apply for this jobWe’re looking for an experienced software engineer with a passion for science, software creation and problem solving with a proactive, can-do attitude to overcoming technical challenges.
To succeed in this role you will need to have a strong foundation in software engineering and enjoy working on a wide range of diverse and challenging problems within a mission driven team. You'll join a group of research scientists and engineers exploring the possibilities of AI-assisted scientific discovery. Targeting complex domains, where vast amounts of data is available and accurate simulations are possible, we apply AI to accelerate research within the natural sciences, as seen in AlphaFold.
In collaboration with scientists and other software engineers, you'll develop and integrate applications to help accelerate scientific research, ranging from small utilities to large scale simulations running distributed in our data centres. We take time to design and implement our software carefully as it’s likely we’ll live with it for many years to come so we welcome new ideas and apply thoughtfulness to everything we do. We take code reviews and unit and integration testing seriously to ensure high code quality and robustness. You’ll join a close knit team of talented individuals who openly share ideas with one another.
- Strong software engineer with extensive experience in software design and development.
- Ideally experience with concurrent and distributed software architecture.
- Knowledge in the natural sciences.
- A natural science or scientific computing degree preferred.
Competitive salary applies.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted