Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, Streams
Over the past three years we’ve built a team of experts in what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
We’re looking for Software Engineers in Tools and Infrastructure to join our team with a focus on building tools and techniques to ensure the quality of our mobile applications & backend systems, and to help us grow as we dramatically scale up our efforts in this space. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and help develop cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
You should be well experienced in supporting other team members in the production of the test specification, test scripts and data, and to be able to execute the tests and record results. As part of preparation and execution, you must be able to communicate issues and observations to support teams, and the wider business, and help manage them through to closure.
- Create, maintain and extend backend test automation infrastructure and tooling
- Research and create development tools
- Create and maintain demo environments infrastructure and simulators
- Create test documentation - strategy, design documentation and test reports
- Contribute to our Test Research and Development working group
- Experience building test automation infrastructure and tooling in Golang, Python or Java
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable result, impacting the quality of the product
- Proven ability to deliver testing tasks to a high standard without supervision
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, BDD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using at least 1 management software (Jira ,TFS, Quality Centre)
- Testing Interfaces (HL7, IATA-type B or industry equivalent)
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Test consultancy experience
- Experience in testing iOS or Android apps
- Experience of providing 1st line support to production systems
- Experience in Agile environments working with and without supervision
- ISTQB-ISEB - Foundation certificate achieve in conjunction with industry experience
We welcome applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted