mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform online and through SMS that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the food stamps program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 260,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $44 million in food stamp benefits.
Our corporate supporters include: Google, Microsoft, and Target Smart. mRelief has been backed by Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the California Department of Social Services, Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Search Engine Marketing Intern to monitor and optimize mRelief’s search engine marketing efforts to spread the word about mRelief and help people navigate the food stamps process with dignity. You will have the opportunity to become Google Adwords certified if you aren’t already, and the unique experience of optimizing SEM campaigns for a quickly-growing nonprofit.
This Intern will also be given the opportunity to contribute to social media content for the nonprofit. This is a part-time position at ~10 hours/week. The office is located in Chicago, IL and can be 80% remote, and will last through the fall with the potential to be extended.
- PPC/SEM and SEO (Google and Bing)
- Management of cross-channel digital marketing campaigns across Google and Bing
- Developing insights & optimizing campaigns
- Identifying and sharing content on mRelief’s social media channels according to key content pillars
- Have or are obtaining a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- You have at least 1 semester of experience as an intern
- You are well versed in social media and community management
- You are excited about learning new skills
- Located in Chicago
- Interested in social impact, social services a plus
- Organized, detailed oriented, and computer literate
- Women and minorities encouraged to apply
Please send your resume and a quick cover letter about your financial and operations background to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the current capacity of the organization, we will not be able to send individualized notes to all applicants.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted