Full Stack Engineer, Kiva Protocol
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit that combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
Recently announced at the United Nations General Assembly, Kiva is partnering with the government of Sierra Leone and United Nations to build a blockchain-based credit system that will unlock financial services for many of the world’s poorest and most underbanked citizens. As a
Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be a foundational member of a new team developing technology to help populations across Sierra Leone (and ultimately the globe) escape poverty.
The ideal candidate takes initiative and is passionate about both our organizational mission and our high standards in engineering. We produce results by giving engineers full ownership and the resources they need to work as efficiently as possible.
This role will be based in San Francisco, Portland or Austin and will report to the Engineering Director based in San Francisco. At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Move quickly across the stack to build responsive user experiences.
- Use blockchain technology to solve identity challenges and expand financial access in unbanked populations.
- Contribute to the support and monitoring of the systems you create.
Implement simplicity-focused solutions for audiences that may have limited exposure to mobile and web-based technologies.
- Help foster a spirit of innovation and collaboration both within the engineering team and across the organization.
- Juggle a desire to move quickly with a passion for maintainable, well-crafted code.
- Raise technical standards while achieving business goals.
- 3+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, database, api, and front-end
- 2+ years experience with a modern server-side language (e.g. Java, Go, Python)
- 2+ years experience with a modern UI framework (eg: ReactJS, Angular, VueJS)
- Familiarity with container based development (Docker/Kubernetes)
- A passion for best practices, fast delivery, and agile methodologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual, high performing work environment.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
Try the professional HTML editor for free and subscribe for a subscription license if you are satisfied.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted