Software Engineer - Backend / Distributed Systems
Remote - Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a software engineer with experience with backend and distributed systems to join our team. You will help solve challenges in and improve our fault tolerance, latency, and queuing. Simply put, you will help design, implement, and improve our architectural vision. Work out of our Downtown LA offices, or remotely. NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs. We're looking for someone who:
- Has a love of learning.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- Enjoys the chance to pair with their peers and gives and receives well-crafted feedback.
- Foundational knowledge of data structures, algorithms, queueing theory, fault-tolerance, caching, consensus and coordination between distributed systems.
- At least five years of software development experience supporting a high-volume SaaS.
- Experience developing in one or more of the following programming languages: Ruby, Python, Go.
- Knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL systems.
- Understanding of how the Internet works (networking and protocols).
- Building and maintaining APIs (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of event and streaming systems (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Kappa or Lambda architectures)
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted