The E-commerce Marketing Analyst is a part of the North American marketing team and responsible for providing data-driven insight and analysis in the fields of digital marketing and customer experience. This person will work closely with other members of the e-commerce marketing team and have a solid understanding of the core systems and best practices in retail e-commerce, vital to the role of a marketing analyst. Furthermore, this person will possess a passion for data, a love for collaboration, and a personal connection with the brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain standardized reports and dashboards to provide ongoing data and insight for internal stakeholders
- Responsible for accurate reporting and tracking across multiple platforms and data sets
- Provide ongoing optimization, revenue opportunities, lost-opportunity analysis that the digital team can act on to improve metrics and increase sales/revenue and customer satisfaction
- Identify traffic and conversion trends by channel, product line, and campaigns, also any abandonment issues and opportunities for improving site conversion
- Create and package management reports; analyzing and interpreting data and historical trends, and reporting on and delving into findings as needed
- Turn business questions into functional analysis – understand the business as well as the data behind the analysis; assess financial impact in terms of sales, profitability, and KPIs
- Manage outside vendors and internal stakeholders in the field of a/b testing and report on wins and losses to enable the organization to move forward
- Research competitors site experiences, as well as outside industry best practices and best of breed online customer, experiences
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Quantitative background. Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics/statistics, social science research, economics, engineering or quantitative marketing.
- 2+ years experience in digital analytics in an online retailer or agency.
- 2+ years hands-on experience and technical proficiency with, web analytics tools such as Google Analytics (preferred), Adobe SiteCatalyst (preferred), or Coremetrics.
- Working knowledge of performance marketing activities such as SEM/SEO, remarketing/retention, targeted display, affiliates, etc. and brand measurement tools, including vendor analysis, implementation, and results analysis
- Experience in implementing analytic solutions, including ongoing maintenance (preferred)
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, including digital and web analytics
- Experience in a Business Analyst or Database Analyst role.
- Knowledge and experience with reporting APIs
- Familiarity with Tableau or other BI solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with e-commerce marketing campaigns with e-commerce goals.
- Familiarity with tagging and tracking methodology.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted