The Patagonia Works Creative Department is an in-house agency providing design, editorial, photographic, account planning and production resources to develop and maintain the visual identity of the Company. As the Graphic Production Artist, s/he provides digital graphic production support for print and digital projects.
Main Job Functions
- Build, populate, edit, and archive digital design files throughout the production process from concept to release, using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with a variety of elements including photography, product images, type, logos and graphic elements as directed by the Digital Asset Manager, Project Managers or Creative team members.
- Build and support files that will be translated into multiple languages.
- Ensure that print production files meet prepress and printing specifications including trim size, bleeds, color space, font usage, link usage, file formats, layers, and four-color and black plate changes.
- Ensure that digital production files meet web or platform output specifications.
- Provide typesetting support according to the needs of Graphic Designers or Copywriters.
- Flow type into various layouts in multiple languages, ensuring consistency of final layout and type, and manage large volumes of type corrections and type formatting.
- Publish finalized assets to the Patagonia Brand Portal and maintain file organization and permissions.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 3-5 years of graphic production experience for print and digital output.
- Ability to build, populate, edit, and archive digital design files for prepress and digital output in an organized and accurate manner.
- Ability to produce or recreate illustrations, logos, and graphics in vector- or raster-based programs depending upon the needs of the project.
- Working knowledge of color separations (both spot-color and CMYK printing) and file building requirements for projects with four-color and/or black/spot color plate changes on press.
- Working knowledge of web optimization and file types
- Ability to work on a variety of project formats, especially multi-page documents.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Available to work occasional after-hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Proficient in the following: Macintosh OS X, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), FTP file transfer.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times) noisy work environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted