IT Manager Fullstack Development
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) IT team is looking for an experienced leader in Product Management to help support JAX Mice and Clinical Research Services (JMCRS) and Education. As a leader, this role will require working across all roles in IT, stakeholders in JMCRS and Education, and a host of others on cross-functional and often cross-departmental teams to develop and deliver on a product roadmap. This individual will be responsible both for the management and leadership of their delivery team, communication to stakeholders on progress of the roadmap, as well as the deliverables themselves. This delivery will be done on the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, SalesForce.com, and Core Informatics software packages as well as some smaller applications.
- Ability to mentor and lead a team effectively
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365, Core Informatics and/or SalesForce preferred, LIMS
- Advanced knowledge of Fullstack development
- Advanced experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Visio
- Knowledge of current principles, practices and techniques of software development
- Ability to diagnose application problems quickly and work with others towards effective solutions for them
- Ability to prepare documentation, charts, and graphs pertinent to work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business community, vendors, customers, and coworkers
- Create and maintain product roadmap for assigned area as well as work with and influence others for honing and acceptance of the roadmap
- Recruit, maintain, and mentor a strong and learning delivery team to deliver on the roadmap
- Must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines
- Maintains a working knowledge of JAX’s applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts
- Track and communicate status of delivery to stakeholders
- Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives to the team, across the department, and across JAX as required
- Stay up to date on latest market and strategic trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Industrial Engineering or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in IT or operations along with people leadership experience
- Expert understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Organizes own workload and works closely with leadership to ensure own workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted