Senior Data Solutions Architect
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Senior Data Solutions Architect
UNICEF USA seeks a highly skilled and effective Senior Data Solutions Architect to design and implement scalable cloud data solutions using the latest and advanced technology and toolsets. This role offers the right candidate the rare opportunity to leverage their extensive background in data modeling, database tuning and data pipeline creation to build and maintain a data warehouse platform to support the organization’s business intelligence needs. The chosen candidate will be responsible for working closely with business partners and IT leadership to understand the organization’s business requirements and work with the broader IT team to build a platform that will support the current needs and scale to accommodate future growth.
This visible role will be based in the New York City offices of UNICEF USA. Minimal travel will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- In partnership with IT and other key stakeholders, evaluate and lead the selection of new data management components to integrate into the existing ecosystem including software, platforms, databases, ETL tools, dimensional modeling tools, visualization and reporting tools, etc.
- Full stack development leveraging Azure cloud data warehouse solutions including Data Factory and Analysis Services
- Implement capabilities for batch and real-time ingestion, transformation, analysis and visualization of structured and semi-structured data
- Design conceptual and logical data models and data flows
- Define, develop and institute robust, quality processes to implement data changes and database modifications
- Leverage agile methodology to deliver functionality in incremental sprints
- Facilitate and support system feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot projects and testing
- Oversee the delivery of data solutions by 3rd party vendors when appropriate
Required qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience working as a data architect or developer
- 5+ years of experience in leading the development and delivery of data warehouse and data integration solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience in designing and building end-to-end data processing platforms using Microsoft technologies (Azure, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, etc)
- Expertise in gathering requirements from business users / stakeholders and effectively translating them into robust data models
- Knowledgeable about the current landscape of data warehouse and data lake solutions. Able to evaluate competing data solutions and select the best option for data ingestion, storage, reporting, visualization and analytics given the current and future needs of the organization
- Experience working with vendors to manage the delivery of data solutions
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Educational requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted