Senior Data Analyst
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Senior Data Analyst
UNICEF USA seeks a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Analyst to drive reporting and analytics programs of work to support the organization’s business intelligence needs. This highly visible role offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work with senior management and key stakeholders to lay the foundation for data management by building dashboards and reports, and establishing process and governance to help the organization continue on its path to data maturity.
This role will be based in the New York City offices of UNICEF USA. Minimal travel will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the various fundraising departments to understand their business needs and provide guidance regarding how to leverage data to satisfy those needs
- Develop dashboards and detailed reports to support organization-wide fundraising activities using Power BI
- Mentor other departments on best practices for data analysis, visualization and reporting
- Define, develop and institute robust, quality processes to establish data and reporting governance
- Leverage agile project management methodologies to deliver functionality in incremental sprints
Required qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience working as a data analyst
- 5+ years of experience in leading the delivery of data management projects and solutions
- Solid understanding of end-to-end data processing platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience working with Power BI
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Strong SQL skills including ability to write queries
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable about the current landscape of data management products and solutions, especially pertaining to reporting, visualization and analytics.
- Nonprofit industry experience a plus
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Educational requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted