Business System Analyst – Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
The Business System Analyst – DW & BI will be responsible for interacting with business stake holders and collecting requirements to support their operational, tactical and strategic reporting as well as other analytical business needs. The incumbent will process and analyze information stored in the data warehouse. The resource should be able to work with developers and guide them in completing business requirements.
- Ability to interact with business stake holders and gather requirements.
- Design and execute an innovative reporting system for processes.
- Monitor efficient transition of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Ability to translate business requirements correctly into technical specifications. Should be able to write ETL and report requirements.
- Design and manage the data warehouse, troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Design, build & test, ETL processes (using SQL Server Integration Services packages) to move and transform data based on defined data architectures
- Participate in the definition of best practices, standards and optimization techniques to enhance the DWH/BI solution.
- Design and implement various reports and prepare dashboards.
- Ability to work with developers in explaining requirements and should also test there code before implementing in production.
- Monitor compatibility of all data delivery tools and warehouse and ensure effective resolution for same.
- Evaluate all training programs for end users and provide support for same.
- Analyze and evaluate data to make recommendations to management about ways to improve data storage, reporting, and other business issues.
- Provide technical support in database implementation and deployment.
- Participate in various project meetings and prepare applications for database.
- Functions are to be completed in a timely manner with acceptable quality.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of five (3) years’ experience in the data warehouse and business intelligence.
- Minimum of three (3) years working with SQL Server Data warehouse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI.
- Ability to design, develop & test ETL and reports.
- Ability to work and think independently under minimal guidance
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proficient in SQL and ability to analyze data.
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative; strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff to resolve problems to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Seek, learn, and apply new skills/knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail with a high level of accuracy; exercise sound judgment.
- Resourceful, diplomatic and professional; deliver outstanding customer service while managing relationships; a can-do attitude and work style that supports teamwork, collaboration and positive relationships.
- Adaptable; be able to shift priorities and focus as departmental and/or business demands change (including, but not limited to early/late hours and/or weekend hours).
- Strong analytical skills and organized; completes tasks ahead of schedule.
- Position-relevant computer experience including Microsoft Office.
- Discretion in handling assigned responsibilities, including the ability to resolve problems and exercise good judgment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Follow all company safety practices, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and policies.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX and CRM is a plus.
- Experience working with or for Federal Contractors.
- Experience in manufacturing.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted