Software Engineer - Python Developer
Do you want to work for a mission-driven non-profit, building systems and writing software that will contribute to helping millions of coffee farmers out of poverty? Enveritas is a young "startup non-profit" looking to hire experienced engineers in the New York City area. You can learn more about our engineering team at: http://www.enveritas.org/jobs/engineering/
About Our Engineering Team
Our engineering and data team designs and builds tools for our country teams to collect data, machine learning systems for analyzing images for coffee, mobile applications for field-use, and data analytical tools for our managers and clients. In addition to our core data and analytics platform, we have interesting challenges in machine learning and mobile development, from farm-detection in satellite imagery to data availability in low-resource environments.
We’re a small, collegial team of four engineers, two data scientists, a product manager, and a UX designer -- and looking to add two more talented and experienced engineers to our team.
What You’ll Be Doing
We’re looking for a senior software engineer with 7+ years experience of working on software teams to join our New York City team on a full-time basis. Our current task is to build an internal survey authoring and country management platform using in Python3 / Flask. We’re at the enviable point of having a clear product (with good wireframes!) and having the support to build a core platform to give Enveritas the ability to make a real impact for coffee farmers.
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience writing software in teams.
- Experience with Flask, Python3, and PostgreSQL.
- A history of working on small, nimble teams that run with best practices (GitHub, Pull Requests, code reviews, etc).
- CS degree strongly preferred.
- A love of travel and excitement for our mission of improving the lives of coffee farmers.
About Working With Us
- Our New York team, located near Grand Central, is a diverse, quirky, and humble group of 13^H4.
- Field visits once or twice a year to our Country Ops teams in coffee-growing countries such as Costa Rica, Ethiopia, and Indonesia.
- Flexible work hours and generous vacation -- 4 weeks vacation in addition to 12 standard holidays and personal/sick time.
- Full benefits, including 401k with matching contributions, Medical/Dental/Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Transportation benefit plan
- Annual education budget for conferences, books, and other professional development opportunities.
- Unlimited quantities of amazing pour-over coffee -- some of which were grown by our own employees!
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted