We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our team of talented, multi-disciplinary engineers. We are an open source technology consulting shop specializing in Salesforce and web solutions for nonprofits. You will learn and grow Apex development skills through coding with and learning from your team mates, all while gaining expertise in Salesforce, a giant in the open source community. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual looking to hone and broaden their development skills while solving operational problems for nonprofit clients.
- Leverage skills in Java, C#, C++, and/or Apex (based on Java) to deliver custom development solutions for nonprofit clients, such as: building APIs, integrating with third party web services, building Visualforce pages, creating custom reports, customizing data elements, and more
- Develop on the Salesforce platform using native development tools: Apex, Visualforce, Force.com APIs
- Advise on when custom development rather than configuration is needed (and vice versa) and provide solutions
- Determine the scope and corresponding effort estimates for all development
- Perform peer testing and unit testing
- Work with Technical Lead to ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, and fulfill end-user requirements
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems
- Strong competency with statically typed languages: including Java, C#, C++, and Apex
- Experience developing on a platform, such as CRM or CMS
- 3+ years of work experience as software engineer
- Excellent communication skills
- Strongly preferred: Experience with unit testing
- Strongly preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field or equivalent experience
The Successful Candidate
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership
- Is a self-starter and works equally well independently or in collaboration with others
- Is able to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities at the same time
- Has a proven ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and works well on tight schedules
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possesses leadership skills to creatively solve problems by leveraging existing processes as a guide – not as an absolute – when meeting client needs
This position is available for remote employees with proven success in work-from-home environments.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fionta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is a dynamic, fast growing Salesforce.org Premium Partner that works almost exclusively for nonprofit organizations – including NGOs, charities, associations, foundations, and many other kinds of nonprofits. Headquartered in Washington, DC with a field office in Los Angeles, we have really wonderful clients. Our staff are engaged and highly talented at leveraging their skills in support of a diverse range of missions and causes from homelessness, animal welfare, literacy, poverty, hunger, advocacy, the environment and many other issues.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check out 5 Fast Facts about Fíonta !
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted