Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is an innovative social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our vision to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to plant one billion native trees by 2020. So far more than 7 million users have planted more than 50 million trees. We are growing, planting and restoring vegetation worldwide!
We are looking for a passionate web developer with significant experience in creating component-driven universal applications using modern technologies.
Do you want to become part of a supportive, cross-functional team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you will do:
- Share ownership and development of our codebase
- Help keep our architecture lean, scalable and modular
- Shape the future of our software architecture by leading our transition to a service-oriented, component-driven architecture
- Get your hands dirty shaping our codebases (Node.js, Vue.js, Go, Python)
- Drive change and inspire continuous research and improvement
- Monitor code in heavy-loaded production environments, ensuring uptime by constantly refining performance
- Help us build and improve our products and make our users happy
What you bring:
- Respect and share our core values and our love for trees
- Eagerness to collaborate and teach technical concepts
- Data-driven mindset to set up, collect and iterate over infrastructural metrics and key product indicators
- Experience working within agile methodologies framework and CI/CD
- Deep understanding of code-testing methods (unit, e2e/integration, regression)
- Ownership mentality for the entire development toolchain and release cycle
- Experience using Go, Python, Kubernetes
- Excitement for tackling challenges across various programming languages and paradigms
- Proactivity and willingness to be an advocate for our users
- Fluency in spoken and written English (German not required)
- Located in or willingness to relocate to Berlin, Germany
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something meaningful while shaping and developing a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Awesome quarterly team off-sites with talks, workshops and hackathon projects
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on self-growth
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours, plus two no-meeting days per week
- All the tools you need for an enjoyable work experience (shared books, technical equipment, etc)
- Delicious weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, organic fruit and snacks. We have it all!
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted