Seesaw is a student engagement platform that combines digital portfolios, family engagement, and teacher-created activities to help students do their best work. We are a rapidly growing, revenue-generating company; 1 in 2 US schools use Seesaw, in addition to 150 countries worldwide. Millions of students use our powerful web, iOS, and Android creative tools every month to capture their learning.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who understands how to strike a balance between manual and automated testing. You understand that time is valuable and prioritize automation efforts towards the highest risk, most repeatable, and highest value test cases.
- You will spend about 60% of your time on automation and 40% on manual testing.
- Work with a variety of cross-functional teams and stakeholders -- Engineering, Design, Product, Customer Experience -- to design, own, and execute evolving test strategies for new features and functionality.
- Actively participate in product and technical spec reviews so you can develop and execute test plans.
- Implement and maintain automation solutions to improve end-to-end coverage for mobile and web clients.
- Teach and train the engineering team members on the automation solution.
- Lead testing efforts for product and patch releases; this includes coordinating with external testers, triaging issues, and identifying the root cause.
- 4+ years testing native mobile and web applications.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- Passionate about delivering quality products with a great user experience.
- Hands on experience with QA automation tools.
- Strong analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and love solving problems.
- Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language (e.g. Python, Java).
- Knowledgeable about modern web application stacks, mobile technologies, experience interacting with REST APIs.
- Prior experience in education/edtech products.
- Direct experience helping build a QA team.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted