Senior Web Engineer-Full Stack
Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys air borne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
As a Senior Web Engineer, Full Stack at Molekule, you’ll work alongside the Growth team and other cross-functional counterparts including the customer service, creative, product managers, and QA/QE to maintain and manage ongoing improvements to Molekule.com, a crucial engine that acquires new customers and services existing.
The Senior Web Engineer, Full Stack is a key part of the Growth team. You will be designing and implementing new web application features that provide effective and engaging experiences to our prospects and customers.
- Review, research, and improve the effectiveness of our website throughout the marketing funnel through measurable recommendations
- Establish and evangelize best practices for the Molekule.com web and mobile experiences
- Make significant contributions to the business by working with a cross-functional team to provide expertise, ship high-quality work, and develop complex components
- Manage third party agencies to support the business vision while maintaining departmental cost efficiencies
- Work with our App, IoT, ERP, Firmware, and Cloud teams to ensure end-to-end coordination
- Work with a tool chain across infrastructure, data, continuous integration, back end, front end, and 3rd party integrations with new things to pick up on the way
- Work through a variety of technical challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal functions (marketing, creative, UX, product, etc)
- Release early, release often, deploy to production from day one
- Work in an agile team and organization, continuously refine our own processes towards best team performance and most fun
- Coordinate and own development projects from beginning to end; plan, implement with your fellow engineers, release, measure, repeat
- Contribute to building our dev tools and architecture to enable us to accelerate new tests, website features/functionality into production at scale
- Learn from, document, and share departmental knowledge with your team and colleagues on the go
What You'll Need To Succeed
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in developing web applications in production (using tools such as Django, Rails and Node on the back end and Magento, Backbone, React and Bootstrap on the front end)
- A passion for delivering value to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management systems (Jira, Git)
- A solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. AWS, HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Proficiency with linux servers on cloud infrastructure, build systems, CI/CD
- A passion for clean, maintainable, well-tested code
- Experience working with applications at scale
- The ability to structure and build complex client side applications
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend web applications
- Extensive knowledge of mobile first, responsive design, SEO, web standards and modern browsers
- Ability and willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted