Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys air borne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
Do you like clean air? What if you could improve the air you breathe? Join Molekule and help us destroy pollutants.
Molekule is seeking an Android Developer to assist our team in the development and maintenance of a in-house mobile application. Your main focus will be feature development/augmentation, bug fixing and overall support of an ongoing project. You will work alongside other engineers, designers and product managers as part of the mobile initiative. Essential to this role is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, industry good practices and the creation of quality code.
What's in it for you
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (work day start and end times, 2 days per week work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own
- Development and support of the Molekule Android application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features and enhancements
- Generate proof of concepts for bleeding edge technologies Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automation
- Design and develop testing strategies for assigned features
What you bring to the team
- 3+ Years of hands-on technical programming experience
- Deep understanding of the Android application life cycle
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Android’s most common design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- Experience in debugging on multiple mobile phone models
- Experience abstracting UI views using fragments
- Understanding of code versioning (Git flows)
What else you could bring
- Knowledge of Bluetooth/SoftAP
- Familiar with Dagger2, Retrofit and HockeyApp
- Experience with Gradle dependency manager
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated tests
- Experience in C/C++iOS experience is big a plus
- Experience with reactive programing. JavaRx is a huge plus
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted