American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional iOS Developer. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
This individual will play a critical role on the Engineering team as we continue to expand our portfolio of iOS applications, working on technology that is re-inventing healthcare as you know it today. Our ideal candidate will recognize the importance of getting the details right and is passionate about building products that not only are appealing but also make a big difference on the quality of people’s lives.
- Design, implement and maintain iOS applications using REST web services
- Responsible for architecting, developing, and supporting American Well’s iOS Telehealth product
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of the product
- Recognize process or programming inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Work independently on compressed schedules in a fast-paced environment to meet demand.
- 2+ years experience building mobile apps, using the iOS SDK and XCode.
- Experience with mobile interface design and development
- Experience with Cocoa / UIKit
- Have shipped at least one iOS app – seeing it through full life cycle of development
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Proven track record to deliver solutions on time
- Strong communication and documentation
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted